[Full AudioBook] Hans Christian Andersen: The Snow Queen
“The Snow Queen” (Danish: Snedronningen) is an original fairy tale written by Hans Christian Andersen (1805–1875). The tale was first published 21 December 1844 in New Fairy Tales. The story centers on the struggle between good and evil as experienced by Gerda and her friend, Kai.
The story is one of Andersen’s longest and most highly acclaimed stories. It is regularly included in selected tales and collections of his work and is frequently reprinted in illustrated storybook editions for children.
“The Snow Queen” is a tale told in seven ‘stories’ :
1. About the Mirror and Its Pieces
2. A Little Boy and a Little Girl
3. The Flower Garden of the Woman Who Knew Magic
4. The Prince and the Princess
5. The Little Robber Girl
6. The Lapp Woman and the Finn Woman
7. What Happened at the Snow Queen’s Palace and What Happened Afterwards
This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in a Public Domain. For more information or to volunteer please visit librivox.org
Recorded by Jennifer Dorr.